Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Did It Again!

Circus Day  finally arrived and my seven year old was ready.  I was so proud of him, because the morning of the show he went upstairs to get his circus hat from last year.  He was going to be prepared for the evening Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailyey Dragons Show. We arrived just as the preshow was ending.  It was not my fault a 30 minute drive took 2 hours in Los Angeles traffic. 

Needless to say we were seated for the beginning of the main show.  As soon as the ring master stood center stage and asked the children in the audience to stand, it was like we were attending the largest music concert.  The kids were on their feet and following his instructions.  It is always so good to hear the sounds of happy children and watch the expressions of excitement on their face.  Attending a Ringling Bros circus is one place where kids and can be kids. 

The anticipation of seeing the dragons was rising in my section.  As soon as the winged Sky Dragons came out, the crowd went crazy, the kids did have the Spirit of the Dragon.  What a way to begin a show!

One of my favorite acts was the Hair-Haning Wonders of The West.  My daughter and I talked about it after the show and decided if that were us hanging by our hair we would have never survived, mainly because our hair is not thick.   

Watching the animals is always fun, but watching Maestro of Magnificent cats kept us on the edge of our seats.  As the tamer, Alexander Lacey performed with the lions and tigers, I was so relieved when he told us that what we saw was part of the show.  It was such a wonderful performance.  I sinced he really loves the animals. 

I just have to mention the Scorching Skywheels of the West.  That was probably the best act of the night,  watching the motorcycle on the wire, 70 feet above the ground, with the two young ladys spinning was so exciting.  I wish I could go into detail, but you have to see it.  All I can say is this was definitely a great performance.

Besides all of the performing the colors, the music and just the overall energy was incredible, that is why Ringling Bros. has done it again.  They are so creative with the theme and making sure there is a message for everyone to walk away with.  My family and I really liked the show.

We had a wonderful time and hope to attend next years circus.  All I can say is, "I have the spirit in me."  If you not made plans to go to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Baily Dragons, add it to your things to do this summer.  You will have a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment