Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Robert Perlmutter Review - Online Doctor Reviews- Bad Doctors

After many days of searching for a new Primary Care Physician I was looking forward to my doctors appointment.

I began writing this less than an hour after I left Dr.  Robert Perlmutter office.  I am not the type of person that cries easy, but I left there in tears.  I found myself calling my insurance to file a complaint.  

When Dr.  Perlmutter came into the room he seemed very nice.  We introduced ourselves.  He then asked me to tell him the purpose of my visit.  As began to tell him everything and I told him that I have been anemic all of my life (one of the reasons I was there), he immediately began to tell me, it was impossible for me to have low iron all or most of my life.  I was thinking that is odd, considering I have been told that by the doctors I have seen in the past.  I guess I have just met the god of all doctors.  He states, he should know, since he  has been a doctor for 55 years.  Ah ha!!!  Yes, I have met the end all and be all of doctors.  

 He steps out and comes back in and begins to question my insurance although the office manager verified everything.  We get past that and then it was like a different person had entered the room.  Every time he would ask me a question, I would TRY to answer him, but he would then shoot my answers down or interrupt me.  There was no way he was hearing me.  He was being an absolute jerk.  This continues and the steps out again.  I am supposed to undress, only my top.  When he returned,  I found myself constantly smiling and trying to speak nicely.  He continued to be rude.  As he took my blood pressure, his tone was not very nice, as he spoke I felt spit on the side of my face.  

After checking my blood pressure, looking down my throat and taking a few deep breaths, things worsened.  He proceeded to ask questions and once again, everything I said was wrong.  I found myself saying, "I am not trying to be combative."  I maintained a soft tone, but this man began to talk loudly and asking me, "What do you want me to do?"  I told him, the purpose of my visit was to find out what was wrong with me, but if he would not allow me answer his questions when asked, we would not get anywhere.  By this time he calls in the nurse practitioner, she left the door slightly open.  He continues to badger me at this point and she is just standing there.  I guess that is all she could do.  By this time I cannot take it.  I ask that she closes the door, he is yelling and repeating himself.  I had told him that weight gain was a concern for me as well.  I am use to weighing 120 pounds and I have noticed a weight gain.  I eat healthy and exercise daily.  He swears he did not say this, but he called me overweight.  I know what I heard, because it upset me.  He asked me did I always have a little waist and big thighs.  How could he tell what I looked like, considering I never stood up. I do not have big thighs. He started suggesting the weight gain was hereditary.  No, everyone is small in my family.   When I told him, that I have a low calorie diet and I exercise, he began to yell more and say that he does not think this is going to work.  He does dot have time for this.  Wow, he does not have time for this.  I definitely do not.  I was the one that drove there, waited and am now being insulted and mistreated in his office.  At this point I am in tears, because I am realizing he is lacking in the area of professionalism and I do not want to stoop to his classless level.  I never raised my voice, but the tears kept flowing.  I was so made at myself, I never let anyone see me cry, especially if they are doing everything in their power to upset me.  Like many rude people, he continued to yell after a while telling me weight is minor, since I have bigger fish to fry, bigger fish to fry...how can he make that statement when he does not know what is wrong with me? I tell him I just want to move forward.  I came to his office hoping to find out what is wrong with me.  He asked me to tell him my symptoms, but he would not allow me to do so without interrupting and telling me I did not know what I was talking about. For example, I told him, my entire back hurts, he kept telling me it was my abdomen, because I mentioned I previously had an ulcer.  He claims I did the same, but that is not the case.   I was merely trying to explain what I was feeling.  I also told him, although we do not know each other it was clear to me that he did not like me.   I had not done anything to him.  Never once did he apologize, he walked out of the room.  Oh, I wish I had told him what I really wanted to say to him, I should have pointed out his big urine stain on the front of his pants.  

It is disappointing that the nurse just stood there in such a passive manner as this doctor disrespected me.  When he left the room, I asked her was this unusual, she said it has happened a couple of times.  I packed up my things.  As I left, the receptionist and the child that belong to someone that worked there were looking at me.  She asked for  paperwork and then handed it back to me.  Not one person in there asked me if I was okay.  I was treated so poorly.  I started writing this post yesterday, but had to stop, the pain in my back returned just as I left the doctors office.  My entire upper back was inflamed.  I had a headache and could not sleep.  I found myself wide awake at 4:00 a.m. thinking about how I was treated.

UPDATE:  8/17  Blood was drawn during my visit.  I have not heard from Dr. Perlmutter with my results.  I am in the process of looking for a new PCP.  Waiting to hear the results of my complaint.   

Update 8/22 I did receive a call from the doctor he gave me my test results.  He was supposed to refer me to a OB/GYN he did not mention it.  He was little nicer, but straight to the point.  I am still not feeling well.  I need a doctor that will try an figure out what is wrong with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment