Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Girl Time with host of The Talk



Yesterday, I and a few other bloggers were invited back to CBS The Talk to sit in on a live tapping and attend a luncheon after the show.  The last time I left the show I left there on a high.  Not because of their celebrity status, but because of how raw and real they are.   This time I saw how genuine they are with one another, the show and even social media. 

If you have watched the show, you know the show gives off  high energy through the t.v., being there is that to the 100th power.  While sitting in the audience, I watched people jumping, dancing, clapping, screaming, you name it they were doing it.  It is like they were filled with excitement they could not contain themselves.  What you see is real energy coming through your set.  The audience was on fire throughout the show, but when Julie Chen announced, that the audience members were receiving every gadget or fitness item that was demonstrated on the show, the audience went crazy.  I looked at Valerie Mitchell of Sweeps 4 Bloggers and said, "What did she say?"  She said, "I don't know, we are getting something...." Well, yes we received everything!  Everyone got the filters from Zero Water, Sklz mats and ball, Lug gym bag, Vimmia activewear,withings smart bodyscale and a pair of Thera Fit Shoes. 

Immediately after the show we had lunch with the hosts, Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert, Aisha Tyler and Sheryl Underwood along with the producers of the show. When they walked into the room it felt like seeing old friends again.  I say this because as we ate lunch and we were given the opportunity to ask questions and just talk.  I noticed Sheryl would answer a question and then mention something from twitter she may have tweeted and she would look around the room at those of us she knows are her followers and would just laugh.  Because, she knew we understood or remembered  the tweet.  Or Mrs. O walked up to some of us and said,"It is so good to see you again." One thing that was very impressive to me was that Sara Gilbert is an executive producer of The Talk.  I say this because, she has such a mild disposition.  And when asked about it, she just gave such a humble response.  

One thing I can say about The Talk and the hosts.  They have embraced social media and every time I have gone to the show I have felt so warm and uplifted.  Although, as bloggers we have a job to do, they make you feel welcome and at home. I logged on to twitter last night with a nice tweet from Julie Chen, expressing how empowering our lunch was yesterday.  What a way to end the day! 

I am so glad I have been given the opportunity to share my experiences with The Talk and tell my readers about all of the great things the show is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment